Open as PDF
PROBLEM CAUSE CORRECTION
Pump has following problems:
failure to produce pressure, erratic
pressure, chattering, loss of pres-
sure, low water volume.
1. Low pressure nozzle installed.
2. Water inlet is blocked.
3. Inadequate water supply.
4. Inlet hose is kinked or leaking.
5. Clogged inlet hose screen.
6. Water supply is over 100°F.
7. High pressure hose is blocked or leaks.
8. Spray gun leaks.
9. Nozzle is obstructed.
10. Pump is faulty.
1. Replace with high pressure nozzle.
2. Clear inlet.
3. Provide adequate water flow.
4. Straighten inlet hose, patch leak.
5. Check and clean inlet hose screen.
6. Provide cooler water supply.
7. Clear blocks in outlet hose or replace hose.
8. Replace spray gun.
9. Clean nozzle.
10. Contact local service facility.
Detergent fails to mix with spray.
1. Detergent siphoning tube is not submerged.
2. Detergent siphoning tube/filter is clogged or
3. High pressure nozzle installed.
1. Insert detergent siphoning tube into detergent.
2. Clean or replace filter/detergent siphoning tube.
3. Replace with low pressure nozzle.
Engine runs well at no-load but
"bogs" when load is added.
1. Engine speed is too slow. 1. Move throttle control to FAST position. If engine
still "bogs down", contact local service facility.
Engine will not start; or starts and
1. Low oil level, "Oil Alert System".
2. Dirty air cleaner.
3. Out of fuel.
4. Stale fuel.
5. Spark plug wire not connected to spark plug.
6. Bad spark plug.
7. Water in fuel.
8. Excessively rich fuel mixture.
1. Fill crankcase to proper level.
2. Clean or replace air cleaner.
3. Fill fuel tank.
4. Drain fuel tank; fill with fresh fuel.
5. Connect wire to spark plug.
6. Replace spark plug.
7. Drain fuel tank; fill with fresh fuel.
8. Contact local service facility.
Engine shuts down during
1. Out of fuel. 1. Fill fuel tank.
Engine lacks power. 1. Dirty air filter. 1. Replace air filter.