Open as PDF
AFTER EACH USE
Water should not remain in the unit for long periods of
time. Sediments or minerals can deposit on pump
parts and "freeze" pump action. Follow these
procedures after every use:
1. Flush chemical system by selecting system rinse
tank and run pressure washer with nozzle in low
pressure mode. Flush for one minute or until
chemical is cleared from system.
2. Shut off engine and let it cool, then remove all
3. Disconnect spark plug wire from spark plug.
4. Empty pump of all pumped liquids by pulling recoil
handle about 6 times. This should remove most
liquid in pump.
5. Rotate the Dial-A-Cleaner TM selector knob to the
6. Coil high pressure hose and inspect it for damage.
Cuts in hose or fraying could result in leaks and
loss of pressure. Should any damage be found,
replace hose. DO NOT attempt to repair a
damaged hose. Replace hose with genuine
7. Disconnect hose from spray gun and high
pressure outlet on pump. Drain water from hose,
gun, and nozzle extension and wipe off hose with
8. Slide one end of hose into hole on hose reel. Turn
hose reel with handle to coil hose onto reel. Push
other end of hose into clip on side of unit.
9. Reconnect spark plug wire to spark plug.
10. Store system in a clean, dry area.
_ WARNING1 NEVER store the engine with fuel
in the gas tank indoors or in enclosed, poorly
ventilated areas where fumes may reach an
open flame, a spark, or pilot light.
• Freezedamage is not covered under warranty.
To protect the unit from freezing temperatures:
1. Empty all chemical reservoirs as follows:
a. Disconnect hose connected to chemical inject
fitting on pump. Place end of hose into
b. Move selector knob to Tank A and open that
tank's cover. Gravity should shortly empty tank
contents into container.
c. When tank is empty, repeat step (b) for tanks
B and C, using different container for each
d Reconnect hose to chemical inject fitting on
pump. Add 0.5 liter of clean fresh water to
each tank and close tank's covers.
Flush chemical system by selecting a tank and run
pressure washer with nozzle in low pressure
mode. Flush until each tank is empty, then switch
selector knob to next tank. The last tank to be
emptied must be the System Rinse tank.
Use PumpSaver, available at Sears retail item
number 7174403, to treat pump. This prevents
freeze damage and lubricates pistons and seals.
If PumpSaver is not available, connect a 3-foot
section of garden hose to water inlet adapter. Pour
RV-antifreeze (antifreeze without alcohol) into
hose. Pull recoil handle twice. Disconnect 3-foot