Open as PDF
STARTING AND STOPPING
English – 21
1153136-26 Rev.1 2009-12-29
• Never start a chain saw unless the bar, chain and all
covers are ﬁtted correctly. See instructions under the
heading Assembly. Without a bar and chain attached
to the chain saw the clutch can come loose and cause
• The chain brake should be activated when starting.
Se instructions under the heading Start and stop. Do
not drop start. This method is very dangerous
because you may lose control of the saw.
• Never start the machine indoors. Exhaust fumes can
be dangerous if inhaled.
• Observe your surroundings and make sure that there
is no risk of people or animals coming into contact
with the cutting equipment.
• Always hold the saw with both hands. The right hand
should be on the rear handle, and the left hand on the
front handle. All people, whether right or left handed,
should use this grip. Use a ﬁrm grip with thumbs and
ﬁngers encircling the chain saw handles.
Stop the engine by pushing the start/stop switch down.
CAUTION! The start/stop switch automatically returns to
run position. To avoid involuntary start up, the spark plug
cap must always be removed from the spark plug when
the machine is unsupervised.