Open as PDF
18 – English
Note! The machine is equipped with a two-stroke engine
and must always be run using a mixture of gasoline and
two-stroke oil. It is important to accurately measure the
amount of oil to be mixed to ensure that the correct
mixture is obtained. When mixing small amounts of fuel,
even small inaccuracies can drastically affect the ratio of
• Use good quality unleaded gasoline.
• CAUTION! Engines equipped with catalytic
converters must be run on unleaded fuel
Leaded gasoline will destroy the catalytic
converter and it will no longer serve its purpose. The
green fuel cap on saws ﬁtted with catalytic converters
means that only unleaded gasoline can be used.
• The lowest recommended octane grade is 87
((RON+MON)/2). If you run the engine on a lower
octane grade than 87 so-called knocking can occur.
This gives rise to a high engine temperature and
increased bearing load, which can result in serious
• When working with continuous high revs (e.g. limbing)
a higher octane is recommended.
HUSQVARNA recommends the use of alkylate fuel or
environmental fuel for four-stroke engines blended with
two-stroke oil as set out below. Note that carburetor
adjustment may be necessary when changing the type of
fuel (see instructions under the heading Carburetor).
Avoid running at a too high speed for extended periods
during the ﬁrst 10 hours.
• For best results and performance use HUSQVARNA
two-stroke engine oil, which is specially formulated for
our air-cooled two stroke-engines.
• Never use two-stroke oil intended for water-cooled
engines, sometimes referred to as outboard oil (rated
• Never use oil intended for four-stroke engines.
1:50 (2%) for all engines.
• Always mix the gasoline and oil in a clean container
intended for fuel.
• Always start by ﬁlling half the amount of the gasoline
to be used. Then add the entire amount of oil. Mix
(shake) the fuel mixture. Add the remaining amount of
• Mix (shake) the fuel mixture thoroughly before ﬁlling
the machine’s fuel tank.
• Do not mix more than one month’s supply of fuel at a
• If the machine is not used for some time the fuel tank
should be emptied and cleaned.
• We recommend the use of special oil (chain oil) with
good adhesion characteristics.
• Never use waste oil. This results in damage to the oil
pump, the bar and the chain.
• It is important to use oil of the right grade (suitable
viscosity range) to suit the air temperature.
WARNING! Always ensure there is
adequate ventilation when handling fuel.
Gasoline, litre Two-stroke oil, litre
US gallon US ﬂ. oz.
1 2 1/2
2 1/2 6 1/2
5 12 7/8