Open as PDF
9 - ENG
• Squeeze trigger on pressure washer wand to
relieve air pressure caused by turning on the water.
Water will spew out of the gun in a thin stream.
This will make it easier to start the engine.
• Engage the safety latch on the spray gun. This
locks the trigger in place and keeps you from
accidentally spraying a high pressure stream.
• On the engine there is a choke/run lever. Place
lever to the choke position.
• On the engine there is a throttle control lever. Place
throttle to the rabbit position. Always start engine
with throttle in the rabbit (high speed) position.
• Grasp the starter grip and pull slowly until resis-
tance is felt, then pull firmly to start engine.
NOTE: If engine does not start right away, squeeze the
trigger on the gun to relieve air pressure caused by
turning on the water. Water will spew out of the gun in
a thin stream. This will make it easier to pull start the
engine. If more than five pulls, place choke lever back
to run position.
• When engine starts, gradually move choke lever to
• For hot engine restarts, make sure throttle is in the
rabbit (high speed) position and the choke lever is
in the RUN position.
• Grasp the starter grip and pull slowly until
resistance is felt, then pull firmly to start engine.
IMPORTANT: This unit is equipped with a thermal
relief valve. If unit is allowed to run for several minutes
without pressing the trigger on the spray gun, several
drops of water may be released through this valve to
cool the unit. This small amount of water will drip from
the bottom of the pump.
Use clean, fresh, regular unleaded gasoline with a
minimum of 85 octane. Do not mix oil with gasoline.
If unleaded fuel is unavailable leaded fuel may be used.
IMPORTANT: It is important to prevent gum deposits
from forming in essential fuel system parts such as the
carburetor, fuel filter, hose or tank during storage. Also,
experience indicates that alcohol-blended fuels (called
gasohol or using ethanol or methanol) can attract mois-
ture which leads to separation and formation of acids
during storage. Acidic gas can damage the fuel system
of an engine while in storage. To avoid engine
problems, the fuel system should be emptied before
storage of 30 days or longer. Never use engine or
carburetor cleaner products in the fuel tank or perma-
nent damage may occur.
To Start Your Pressure Washer
• Remove gas cap.
• Add unleaded gasoline, slowly, to fuel tank.
• Do not overfill.
• Connect garden hose to the water inlet on the
pressure washer. Tighten by turning counterclock-
• Connect high pressure hose to discharge on pump.
• Connect the garden hose to the water spout and
turn water supply on.
(In Rabbit position)
Never start pressure washer
without water source turned on
and connected to pressure washer. Failure to do so
will cause pump damage.