Open as PDF
Storing Machine - 58
7. Clean the engine and engine compartment.
8. Remove battery.
9. Clean the battery and battery posts.
NOTE: The stored battery should be recharged every
10.Charge the battery. (See Charging Battery in the
SERVICE - ELECTRICAL section.)
11.Store the battery in a cool, dry place where it will not
12.Store the vehicle in a dry, protected place. If vehicle is
stored outside, put a waterproof cover over it.
Removing Machine From Storage
1. Check tire pressure. (See Checking Tire Pressure in
Service - Miscellaneous section.)
2. Fill fuel tank. Check engine oil level.
3. Take machine off of blocks or support stands.
4. Charge battery if necessary. Install battery. (See
Removing and Installing the Battery in the SERVICE-
5. Check spark plug gap. Install and tighten spark plug(S)
to 20 N•m (15 lb-ft.).
6. Lubricate all grease points.
7. Check automatic transmission oil level.
8. Run the engine 5 minutes without the mower or any
attachments running to allow oil to be distributed
9. Be sure all shields and guards are in place.