Open as PDF
Installing Mower - 51
1. STOP engine, LOCK park brake, DISENGAGE PTO
lever, turn key to the OFF position, and remove key.
2. Raise mower deck lift lever to the UPPER position.
3. Turn steering wheel fully to the left. Carefully slide the
mower deck under the right side of the tractor (with the
mower discharge to tractors right side) taking care to avoid
interference of the rear draft arms with the underside of the
4. Lower mower lift lever to the LOWEST position.
Picture Note: Left side of tractor shown.
5. Position the deck so the rear draft arms (A) are between
the guide rods (B) and the lift arms (C).
6. Lift the mower deck. Place wood blocks under each side
of mower deck and align the holes in the front of the rear
draft brackets (D) with the holes in the frame bracket (E).
7. Insert rear draft pins (F) through rear draft arms and
frame bracket from the outboard side. Secure with spring
Picture Note: Front of left hand front wheel shown.
8. Insert angled end of front draft rod assemblies (G)
through holes in front axle brackets (H).
NOTE: The draft rod assemblies are inserted from the
inside of the mower deck brackets toward the outside
of the bracket.
9. Raise front of deck and block. Insert angled end of front
draft rods into forward holes on the front brackets (I) of the
10.Secure each draft rod with flat washer and spring
locking pin (J).
Picture Note: Shown from behind L.H. front wheel.
11.Pull down on left-hand side of belt guide (K) and rotate
away from engine pulley (L). Install belt (M) through belt
guide and onto pulley. Return guide to original position.
Insure that the guide is seated into the hole.
CAUTION: Avoid injury! Before installing
mower on machine: STOP engine. Remove key.
Wait for all moving parts to STOP.
• Mower blades are sharp. To avoid injury,
always wear gloves when handling mower
• Mower lift lever under tension. To avoid injury,
grasp lift lever securely and release lock