Open as PDF
Model 120000 and 150000 series engines:
20 ounces (0.6 liter).
Model 200000 and 210000 series engines:
28 ounces (0.8 liter).
• Do not use special additives.
• Choose a viscosity from the following chart.
SAE 30 40
F and higher (5
C and higher)
is good for all purpose use above 40°F, use below
40°F will cause hard starting.
F ( -- 18 to 38
is better for varying temperature conditions. This
grade of oil improves cold weather starting, but may
increase oil consumption at 80°F(27°C) or higher.
Check oil level frequently at higher temperatures.
Synthetic 5W-30 -- 20 to 120
F ( -- 30 to 40
provides the best protection at all temperatures as
well as improved starting with less oil consumption.
F and below (5
C and below)
is recommended for winter use, and works best in
If this engine is equipped with a gear reduction
unit, the gear reduction case must be filled with oil
prior to operating the engine. See “How To C hange
The Gear Reduction Oil” in the Maintenance
Before adding or checking the oil
• Place engine level.
• Clean the oil fill area of any debris.
Models with oil fill cap (Figure 1)
1. Remove the oil fill cap (A).
2. Pour oil slowly. Fill to point of overflowing.
3. Replace and tighten the oil fill cap.
Figure 1: Oil Fill Cap
Short Dipstick (Figure 2)
1. Remove the dipstick (B) and wipe with a clean
2. Insert the dipstick but do not screw in. Oil level
should be at FULL mark (C).
3. To add oil, pour oil slowly. Fill to point of
4. Replace and tighten the dipstick.
Figure 2: Short Dipstick