Open as PDF
Document: - page 3 (Black)
Screen angle and frequency: 45.0000, 150.0000
BEFORE OPERATING ENGINE
• Read entire Operating & Maintenance Instructions AND
the instructions for the equipment this engine powers.*
• Failure to follow instructions could result in serious injury
THE OPERATING & MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
CONTAIN SAFETY INFORMATION TO
• Make you aware of hazards associated with engines
• Inform you of the risk of injury associated with those hazards, and
• Tell you how to avoid or reduce the risk of injury.
The safety alert symbol ( ) is used to identify safety
information about hazards that can result in personal injury.
A signal word (DANGER, WARNING, or CAUTION) is
used with the alert symbol to indicate the likelihood and the
potential severity of injury. In addition, a hazard symbol
may be used to represent the type of hazard.
DANGER indicates a hazard which, if not
avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING indicates a hazard which, if not
avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION indicates a hazard which, if not
avoided, might result in minor or moderate
CAUTION, when used without the alert symbol,
indicates a situation that could result in damage
to the engine.
The engine exhaust from this prod-
uct contains chemicals known to the
State of California to cause cancer,
birth defects, or other reproductive
HAZARD SYMBOLS AND MEANINGS
THE INTERNATIONAL SYMBOLS USED
ON THE ENGINE OR
IN THIS MANUAL INCLUDE:
* Briggs & Stratton does not necessarily know what equipment this engine will power. For that reason, you should carefully read
and understand the operating instructions for the equipment on which your engine is placed.