Open as PDF
SERVICE AND ADJUSTMENTS
TO REPLACE MOTION BELT DRIVE
(See Fig. 25)
Park the tractor on level surface. En gage parking brake.
For as sis tance, there is a belt installation guide decal on
bottom side of left footrest.
BELT REMOVAL -
• Remove mower (See “TO RE MOVE MOWER” in this
section of manual).
NOTE: Observe entire motion drive belt and position of all
belt guides and keepers.
• Remove belt from stationary idler (A) and clutching
• Remove belt from centerspan idler (C).
• Pull belt slack toward rear of trac tor. Carefully remove
belt up wards from trans mis sion input pulley and over
cooling fan blades (D).
• Remove belt downward from engine pulley (E).
• Slide belt toward rear of tractor, off the steering plate
(F) and remove from tractor.
BELT INSTALLATION -
• Install new belt from tractor rear to front, over the steer-
ing plate (F) and above clutch brake pedal shaft (G).
• Pull belt toward front of tractor and roll belt onto engine
• Pull belt toward rear of tractor. Carefully work belt down
around transmission cooling fan and onto the input
pulley (D). Be sure belt is inside the belt keeper.
• Install belt on centerspan idler (C).
• Install belt through stationary idler (A) and clutch ing
• Make sure belt is in all pulley grooves and in side all
belt guides and keep ers.
• Install mower (See “TO IN STALL MOWER” in this
sec tion of manual).
To Replace Mower Drive Belt (See Fig. 24)
MOWER DRIVE BELT REMOVAL
1. Park tractor on a level surface. En gage parking
2. Lower attachment lift lever to its lowest position.
3. Remove any dirt or grass clippings which may have
accumulated around mandrels and entire upper deck
4. Remove belt from clutch pulley (M), both mandrel pul-
leys (R) and all idler pulleys (S).
MOWER DRIVE BELT INSTALLATION
1. Install belt around both mandrel pulleys (R) and around
idler pulleys (S) as shown.
2. Install belt onto clutch pulley (M).
IMPORTANT: Check belt for proper routing in all mower
3. Raise attachment lift lever to highest position.
TO CHECK BRAKE
If tractor requires more than five (5) feet to stop at highest
speed in high est gear on a level, dry concrete or paved
surface, then brake must be serviced.
You may also check brake by:
1. Park tractor on a level, dry concrete or paved surface,
depress brake pedal all the way down and engage
2. Disengage transmission by placing freewheel control
in “transmission disengaged” position. Pull freewheel
control out and into the slot and release so it is held in
the disengaged position.
The rear wheels must lock and skid when you try to manu-
ally push the tractor forward. If the rear wheels rotate,
then the brake needs to be serviced. Contact a qualified