Open as PDF
The operation of any tractor can result in foreign objects thrown into the eyes, which can result
in severe eye dam age. Always wear safety glass es or eye shields while operating your tractor or
per form ing any adjustments or repairs. We rec om mend a wide vision safety mask over spectacles
or stan dard safety glasses.
HOW TO USE YOUR TRACTOR
TO SET PARKING BRAKE (See Fig. 6)
Your tractor is equipped with an operator presence sens-
ing switch. When engine is running, any attempt by the
op er a tor to leave the seat without first setting the parking
brake will shut off the engine.
• Depress clutch/brake pedal into full “BRAKE” position
• Place parking brake lever in “ENGAGED” position
and re lease pressure from clutch/brake pedal. Pedal
should re main in “BRAKE” position. Make sure parking
brake will hold tractor secure.
TO USE THROTTLE CONTROL (See Fig. 5)
Always operate engine at full speed (fast).
• Operating engine at less than full speed (fast) reduces
the engine's operating efficiency.
• Full speed (fast) of fers the best mower per for mance.
STOPPING (See Fig. 5)
MOWER BLADES -
• To stop mower blades,move attachment clutch lever
to “DIS EN GAGED” po si tion.
GROUND DRIVE -
• To stop ground drive, depress clutch/brake pedal into
full “BRAKE” position.
• Move motion control lever to neutral (N) position.
• Move throttle control between half and full speed (fast)
NOTE: Failure to move throttle control between half and
full speed (fast) position, before stop ping may cause engine
• Turn ignition key to “
STOP” position and remove key.
Always remove key when leaving tractor to prevent
un author ized use.
• Never use choke to stop engine.
IMPORTANT: LEAVING THE IGNITION SWITCH IN ANY
POSITION OTHER THAN "STOP" WILL CAUSE THE BATTERY
TO BE DIS CHARGED, (DEAD).
NOTE: Under certain conditions when tractor is standing
idle with the engine running, hot en gine exhaust gases may
cause “browning” of grass. To eliminate this possibility, al-
ways stop engine when stopping tractor on grass areas.
CAUTION: Always stop tractor com-
plete ly, as described above, before leav-
ing the operator's position; to empty
grass catcher, etc.
TO MOVE FORWARD AND BACKWARD
(See Fig. 5)
The direction and speed of movement is controlled by the
motion control lever. (J)
• Start tractor with motion control le ver in neutral (N)
• Release parking brake.
• Slowly move motion control lever to desired position.
TO ADJUST MOWER CUT TING HEIGHT
(See Fig. 7)
The po si tion of the at tach ment lift le ver (A) de ter mines the
cut ting height.
• Put attachment lift lever in desired cutting height