Open as PDF
SERVICE AND ADJUSTMENTS
WARNING: TO AVOID SE RI OUS IN JU RY, BEFORE PERFORMING ANY SERVICE OR ADJUST-
• Depress clutch/brake pedal fully and set parking brake.
• Place motion control lever in neutral (N) position.
• Place attachment clutch in “DISENGAGED” position.
• Turn ignition key to “STOP” and remove key.
• Make sure the blades and all moving parts have completely stopped.
• Disconnect spark plug wire from spark plug and place wire where it cannot come in contact
MOWER IS TO BE MOUNTED ON THE TRAC TOR,
REMOVE THE FRONT LINK (E) AND REAR LIFT LIKS
(C) FROM TRACTOR AND HOOK THE CLUTCH SPRING
(Q) INTO THE CABLE GUIDE ON FRONT EDGE OF
TO INSTALL MOWER (See Fig. 16–19)
Be sure tractor is on level surface and engage park ing
• Lower attachment lift lever to it's lowest position.
CAUTION: LIFT LEVER IS SPRING
LOADED. HAVE A TIGHT GRIP ON
LIFT LEVER, LOWER IT SLOWLY AND
ENGAGE IN LOWEST POSITION.
NOTE: Be sure mower side suspension arms (A) are point-
ing forward before sliding mower under tractor.
• Slide mower under tractor until it is centered under
• ATTACH MOWER SIDE SUSPENSION ARMS (A) TO
CHASSIS - Position hole in arm over pin (B) on outside
of tractor chassis and secure with retainer spring.
• Repeat on opposite side of tractor.
TO REMOVE MOWER (See Fig. 15)
• Place attachment clutch in “DIS EN GAGED” position.
• Lower attachment lift lever to its lowest position.
• Roll belt off engine pulley (M) and belt keepers (G).
• Remove retainer spring (K), slide col lar (L) off and push
housing guide (P) out of brack et.
• Remove clutch cable spring (Q) from idler arm (R).
• Disconnect front link (E) from mower - remove retainer
spring and washer.
• Go to either side of mower and disconnect mower
suspension arm (A) from chassis pin (B) and rear lift
link (C) from rear mower bracket (D) - remove retainer
springs and washers.
CAUTION: AFTER REAR LIFT LINKS
ARE DISCONNECTED, THE ATTACH-
MENT LIFT LEVER WILL BE SPRING
LOADED. HAVE A TIGHT GRIP ON LIFT
LEVER WHEN CHANGING POSITION
OF THE LEVER.
• Slide mower out from under right side of tractor.
IMPORTANT: IF AN ATTACHMENT OTHER THAN THE