Open as PDF
This unit can use many different attachments. See the attachment
page in this book. This unit can pull attachments like a lawn
sweeper, a lawn aerator, a hopper spreader, or a small trailer. This
unit can not use attachments that engage the ground like a plow, a
disk harrow, or a cultivator.
For all pull-behind attachments or trailers, the maximum gross
weight is 250 pounds. Gross weight is the weight of the attachment
or trailer and any load that might be on or in it.
Do not operate on a slope that is greater than 10 degrees when
using a pull-behind attachment or trailer. We have included a slope
guide in this book to help you determine the slope on which you will
be operating your unit. Never allow someone to stand or ride on or
in an attachment or trailer.
HOW TO USE
THE THROTTLE/CHOKE CONTROL
Use the throttle/choke control to choke the engine for cold starts
and increase or decrease the speed of the engine.
1. Move the throttle/choke control completely forward to the
CHOKE position to start a cold engine.
2. The FAST position is marked with a detent. For normal opera-
tion and when using a grass bagger, move the throttle control
to the FAST position. For maximum charging of the battery and
for a cooler running engine, operate the engine in the FAST
3. The engine governor is set at the factory for maximum perfor-
mance. Do not adjust the governor to increase the speed of the
HOW TO USE THE BLADE ROTATION CONTROL
Use the blade rotation control to engage the blade(s) (Figure 6).
Blade Rotation Control
1. Before you start the engine, make sure the blade rotation con-
trol is in the DISENGAGE position.
2. Move the blade rotation control to the ENGAGE position to
rotate the blade(s).
NOTE: If the engine stops when you engage the blade(s),
the seat switch is not activated. Make sure you sit in the
middle of the seat.
3. Move the blade rotation control to the DISENGAGE position
to stop the blade(s). Before you leave the operator’s position,
make sure the blade(s) has stopped rotating.
4. Before you ride the unit across a sidewalk or a road, move the
blade rotation control to the DISENGAGE position.
WARNING: Always keep your hands and feet away
from the blade, deflector opening, and the mower
housing when the engine runs.
HOW TO USE THE SHIFT LEVER
To change the forward speed or the direction of the unit, follow the
CAUTION: Before you move the shift lever, completely push
the clutch/brake pedal forward to stop the unit. If the unit is not
stopped, the gearbox can be damaged.
1. Completely push the clutch/brake pedal forward to stop the
unit. Keep your foot on the pedal.
2. Move the throttle control lever to the SLOW position.
3. To go forward, move the shift lever to a forward speed setting.
To go backward, move the shift lever to reverse.
4. Slowly release the clutch/brake pedal. Do not keep your foot on
5. Move the throttle control to the FAST position.
FUNCTION SHIFT LEVER
Bagging Grass 1 or 2
Mulching Grass 1 or 2
Normal Mowing 2 or 3
3 or 4
Transport 5 or 6
* See the Instruction Book for the Attachment.