Open as PDF
INSTALL AND ADJUST THE D-HANDLE
1. Push the D-handle down onto the shaft housing so
that the handle slants towards the shaft grip (Fig. 1).
The squared bolt hole in the handle is to the right.
2. Insert the shoulder bolt into the squared hole in the
handle and push through. On the left side of the
handle, place the washer on the bolt, then screw the
wing nut onto the bolt. Do not tighten until you make
the handle adjustment.
3. Rotate the D-handle to place the grip above the top
of the shaft housing. Place it a minimum of 6 inches
(15.24 cm) from the end of the shaft grip.
4. While holding the unit in the operating position
(Fig. 2), position the D-handle to the location that
provides you the best grip.
5. Tighten the wing nut until the D-handle is secure.
Minimum 6 inches
INSTALL THE CUTTING ATTACHMENT SHIELD
Use the following instructions if the cutting attachment
shield on your unit is not installed.
1. Slide the cutting attachment shield into the shield
mount on the cutting attachment. Align the screw
holes in the shield mount with the holes in the cutting
attachment (Fig. 3).
2. Place one of the three (3) supplied hex lock nuts into
one of the three recessed holes on the top of the
cutting attachment shield (Fig. 4).
3. Install a screw into the hole from the bottom of the
cutting attachment shield. Screw it into the nut installed
in Step 2 until started (Fig. 5). Do not tighten.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until all three screws have
been started. Then tighten all screws securely with a
Phillips head screwdriver.
Hex Lock Nut
To prevent serious
never operate the trimmer without the
cutting attachment shield in place.