Open as PDF
4. Do not charge appliance in rain or in wet locations.
5. Use only the following type and size battery: Black & Decker 371411 - 12V.
6. Do not open or mutilate the battery. Released electrolyte is corrosive and may cause damage to the eyes
or skin. It may be toxic if swallowed.
7. Exercise care in handling batteries in order not to short the battery with conducting materials such as
rings, bracelets and keys. The battery or conductor may overheat and cause burns.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
ATTACHING THE GUARD
• WARNING: The guard must always be on the tool to protect the user.
NEVER OPERATE TOOL WITHOUT GUARD FIRMLY IN PLACE.
Remove the screw from the guard and insert the guard into the slot in the trimmer head as shown in Figure 2.
Reinsert the screw through the trimmer head and into the guard and tighten as shown in Figure 3.
ATTACHING THE PLUG CLAMP
1. Remove the two shorter screws and the plug clamp from the plastic bag.
2. Install the plug into the hole in the back of the charging bracket, as shown in figure 4. Press firmly.
3. Position the plug clamp across the two holes adjacent to the plug and, using the two screws, firmly tihgten
the clamp to hold the plug in place.
NOTE: If you prefer to charge the battery without the use of the wall mounted charger bracket, do not install
the charger plug in the charging bracket. Simply plug it into the battery to charge.
AUXILIARY HANDLE INSTALLATION
1. Remove the clamp knob from the auxiliary handle.
2. Assemble the auxiliary handle to the unit Figure 1.
3. Screw in the auxiliary handle clamp knob. (Figure 1)
4. The auxiliary handle should adjust in the direction of the arrow in Figure 1. If it does not adjust in this
direction, the handle is on backwards and must be reversed.
WARNING: Important Safety Warnings and Instructions
WARNING: When using electric tools, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following.
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some
examples of these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks
that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California
to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some conditions
and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety instructions and
other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
• ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION – Wear safety glasses or goggles at all times when this appliance is in use.
Safety glasses are available at extra cost at your local Black & Decker Service Center or authorized service facility.
• GUARD – Do not use this appliance without guard attached.
• DRESS PROPERLY – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving parts. Rubber gloves
and substantial rubber soled footwear are recommended when working outdoors. Don’t operate the
appliance when barefoot or wearing open sandals. Wear long pants to protect your legs. Wear protective
hair covering to contain long hair. Wear dust mask if operation is dusty.
• NYLON LINE – Keep face, hands and feet clear of rotating nylon line at all times.
• THE ROTATING LINE PERFORMS A CUTTING FUNCTION – Use care when trimming around screens and
• KEEP ALL BY-STANDERS AWAY – at a safe distance from work area, especially children.
• IMPORTANT WARNING – When being used as an edger, stones, pieces of metal and other objects can be
thrown out at high speed by the line. The tool and guard are designed to reduce the danger. However, the
following special precautions should be taken:
• AVOID ACCIDENTALLY STARTING – Don’t carry appliance with finger on trigger.
• DO NOT FORCE THE APPLIANCE – It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of injury at the
rate for which it was designed.
• USE THE RIGHT APPLIANCE – Do not use this appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• DON’T OVERREACH – Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DAMAGE TO APPLIANCE – If you strike or become entangled with a foreign object, stop tool immediately,
check for damage and have any damage repaired before further operation is attempted. Do not operate with
a broken hub or spool.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS – Do not use electric appliances in damp or wet
locations. Don’t use the appliance in the rain.
• DO NOT OPERATE trimmer/edgers in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors in these appliances normally
spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS – When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in a dry
locked-up place out of reach of children.
• STAY ALERT-Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate appliance when you are tired.
• MAINTAIN APPLIANCES WITH CARE – Follow instructions for lubricating and changing accessories. Keep
handles dry, clean and free from oil and grease.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS – Before further use of the appliance, a guard or other part that is damaged should
be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for
alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other condition
that may affect its operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced
by an authorized service center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this manual.
• KEEP GUARDS IN PLACE AND IN WORKING ORDER.
• KEEP HANDS AND FEET AWAY FROM CUTTING AREA.
IMPORTANT CHARGING SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• WARNING: When using electric tools, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce risk
of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following:
1. Do not incinerate the battery even if it is severely damaged or is completely worn out. The battery can
explode in a fire. Check with local codes for possible special disposal instructions.
2. If any leakage of liquid from the battery cells occurs, discontinue use immediately and return the battery
to your local Black & Decker Service Center or authorized service facility.
3. Never attempt to open the battery for any reason. If the plastic housing of the battery breaks or cracks,
immediately discontinue use and do not recharge.
2. Install the plug into the hole in the back of the charging bracket, as shown in Figure 4. Press firmly.
3. Position the plug clamp across the two holes adjacent to the plug and, using the two screws, firmly tighten
the clamp to hold the plug in place.
COUPE DE LA BORDRE
Corte de Pasto
Support de chargement
Para el Cargador
fixation de la
Sujetador de la
Linea de Corte
de la tête
Linea de Corte
Guide de rebord Coupe
Guia Para Bordes
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALLFOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM
WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
CALL 1-800-54-HOW-TO (544-6986).
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
AVAILABLE, CATALOG NO., TYPE NO., AND DATE CODE.
IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE
YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Charge battery for 24 hours before attempting to use your trimmer.
• To operate the trimmer, the lock out button must be pushed forward.
• This is an automatic feed trimmer–Do not bump head against ground.
Cat No. CST1000 Form No. 264531-04 OCT. ‘04
Copyright © 2004 Black & Decker Printed in Mexico
Interrupteur à détente
Auxiliary Handle Clamp
Bouton de fixation de la
Perilla de Ffijacion det
Lock out button
Bouton de verrouillage
Botón del Seguro