Open as PDF
54” Turbo Blower
Mfg. No. 1693706, 1695299
For 54” Mower Decks
Read these safety rules, and the safety rules in
your tractor Operator’s Manual, and follow them
closely. Failure to obey these rules could result
in loss of control of vehicle, severe personal
injury to yourself, or damage to property or
equipment. THE TRIANGLE IN THE TEXT
SIGNIFIES IMPORTANT CAUTIONS OR WARN-
INGS WHICH MUST BE FOLLOWED.
● When blower assembly is removed from the mower
deck, the deflector must be properly installed.
● If the mower stalls or the turbo blower chute plugs,
disengage the electric clutch (PTO), stop the engine
and remove the key. set the parking brake. wait for
moving parts to stop. Remove the foreign object or
clear the chute with a piece of wood before restarting
the engine. Never place hands into blower housing to
clear jammed object. Blower may rotate when object
● For added tractor stability and to prevent tipping or
loss of control:
a. Use reduced speed on uneven ground and when
b. Reduce loads on hillsides. It is recommended that
the collection system be kept only half full when
negotiating any slopes. Start mowing on slopes
when the collection system is empty.
c. Mow up and down the face of slopes; never
across the face of any slope.
● When operating on slopes, use front counterweight.
Never operate on slopes greater than 17.6% (10°).
● Know the tractor controls and how to stop quickly.
READ THE TRACTOR OPERATOR’S MANUAL.
● Disengage the electric clutch (PTO). Shut off the
engine, remove the key, and wait for all moving parts
to stop before attaching, adjusting, or disconnecting
any part of the collection system.
● Check the collection system to make sure it is bolted
tightly to the tractor.
● Look behind to make sure the area is clear before
● DO NOT turn sharply when travelling alongside a
building or any object.
● DO NOT carry passengers on the tractor.
● Read and obey all warning decals.
Operation With Turbo
• Grass should be cut often but not too short. If grass is
too long or lush, it may be necessary to keep ground
speed to a minimum or to cut only half the width to
prevent clogging. If grass is too high, operate with
mower in high cutting position. Cut the grass again in
lower cutting position, if desired.
• Before mowing, clear the lawn of all sticks, stones,
wire and other debris which may be caught or thrown
by the mower blades.
• The blower housing should be removed for cleaning.
If a large amount of cut grass is spilling out from
under the deck, the tube may be plugged or grass
bags are full. Shut off tractor, disengage the PTO,
remove the key, and allow all moving parts to stop
before disconnecting the tube.
• Always operate at full throttle speed.
Operation Without Turbo
• For operation without the turbo, the deflector must be
properly installed in the down position and retained
by the spring latch.
• To remove turbo, reverse the installation steps.
• Front counterweight is recommended when using
rear-mounted grass catcher.
• On slopes over 17.6% (10°), use two rear wheel
weights in addition to front counterweight.
Always mow up and down the face of slopes, never across
the face. Never mow on slopes greater than 30% (16.7
NOTE: In these instructions, “left” and “right” are
referred to as seen from the operating position.
Read and obey all operation and warning decals.
• This shield must be
in place at all times
• Mower deflector
must be in down
blower is removed.
• Do not open cover with engine running.
• Do not operate mower without the
complete catcher in place
• When operating on slopes, refer to
operator's manual for counterweights.
ROTATING CUTTING BLADE
Do not operate mower
without deflector or entire
grass catcher in place.