Open as PDF
12. Now, install bar clamp making sure the
adjusting pin is positioned in the lower
hole in the guide bar.
13. Install bar clamp nut and finger tighten
only. Do not tighten any further at this
point. Proceed to the CHAIN ADJUST-
See CHECK CHAIN TENSION in MAINTE-
REPLACING THE LINE
(for line tr immer attachment)
1. Removespoolbyfirmly pullingontapbut-
2. Clean entire surface of hub and spool.
3. Replace with a pre-wound spool, or cut two
12-1/2 feet of 0.080″ (2 mm) di-
ameter Poulan brand l ine.
WARNING: Never use wire, r ope,
4. Insert ends of the lines about 1/2 inch (1
cm) into the small holes on the inside of
Line in Notch
5. Wind the line evenly and tightly onto the
spool. Wind in the direction of the arrows
found on the spool.
6. Push the lines into the notches, leaving 3
to 5 inches (7 -- 12 cm) unwound.
hub as shown in the illustration.
8. Align the notches with the line exit holes.
9. Push spool into hubuntil it snaps into place.
10. Pull thelines extending outsideofthehub
to release t he lines from the not ches.
Assist Handle 530057546
Bolt Carriage, 1/4-20 530015786
Wing Nut 530016152
Hex Nut 530015917
Oil Cap 530053072
Bar A djusting Screw/Pin K it 530069110
Handlebar Accessory Kit 530071864
Spool with 0.080″ Trim mer Line 952711616
Shield Assembly 530071964--01
REPLACEMENT PART PART NUMBER
USER REPLACEABLE SERVICE P
WARNING: Perform the following
steps after each use.
S Stop the unit and disconnect the power
source when not in use.
S Carry the unit with motor stopped.
S Allow m otor to cool before storing o r trans-
S Store unit and extension cord indoors in a
high, dry place out of thereach o f children.
Store unit unplugged.
S Store u nit with a ll guards in place andposition
unit so that any sharp object cannot acciden-
tally cause injury.
Prepare your unit for storage at the end of the
season or if it will not be used for 30 days or
If your unit is to be stored for a period of t ime:
S Clean it thoroughly before lengthy storage.
S Store in a clean dry area.
S Lightly oil external metal surfaces and guide
S Oil the chain and wrap it in heavy paper or