Open as PDF
In the event of an emergency the engine can be stopped
by simply turning the ignition switch to STOP. Use this
method only in emergency situations. For normal engine
shut down follow the procedure given in STOPPING THE
RIDER AND ENGINE.
STOPPING THE RIDER & ENGINE
1. Return the ground speed control levers to
START/PARK positions to stop rider movement.
2. Engage the parking brake.
3. Turn off the mower blades by pushing the mower
blade switch down to the OFF position.
4. Move the engine speed control to SLOW position and
turn the ignition switch to OFE Remove the key.
STARTING THE ENGINE
1. While sitting in the seat, make sure the mower blade
switch is OFF, the ground speed control levers are
locked in START/PARK positions, and the parking
brake is engaged.
2. Move the throttle/choke control to the CHOKE posi-
tion for starting a cold engine. A warm engine may
not require choking.
3. Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to
START to crank the engine.
4. After the engine starts, release the key. It will return to
the RUN position.
5. Move the throttle/choke to the FAST position to
increase engine speed and SLOW position to
decrease engine speed. Always operate at full throt-
6. Warm the engine by running it for at least a minute
before turning on the mower blades, or driving the
ALWAYS operate the unit with the throttle/choke
control set to FAST when mowing or driving,
NEVER engage the mower blades with the engine
speed set to SLOW,
1. Start the engine (see STARTING THE ENGINE).
2. Set the mower cutting height to the desired setting
using the mower cutting height switch.
3. Set the engine speed control to FAST.
4. Turn the mower blades ON (pull switch up).
5. Disengage the parking brake.
6. Move the ground speed control levers in from
START/PARK positions to drive positions (levers in
across the operator's lap).
7. Begin mowing. See DRIVING PRACTICE.
8. When finished, turn the mower blades OFF (push
9. Stop the rider and engine (see STOPPING THE
RIDER AND ENGINE).
PUSHING THE RIDER BY HAND
NOTE: Do not disengage the transmission ff parked on a
Turn the mower blades OFF, push the ground speed
control levers out to their START/PARK positions,
engage the parking brake, turn the ignition switch
OFF, remove the key, and wait for all moving parts to
2. Locate the transmission release levers (C, Figure 8)
at the rear of the unit.
Pull both levers back and down to release the trans-
missions (position B, Figure 8).
Pull the ground speed control levers in to their DRIVE
positions, and disengage the parking brake.
The rider can now be pushed by hand.
After moving the rider, set the ground speed control
levers to START/PARK, engage the parking brake,
and push both transmission release levers forward to
re-engage the transmissions (position A, Figure 8).
DO NOTTOW RIDER
Towing the unit will cause transmission dam-
age. Do not use another vehicle to push or
pull this unit. Do not use this unit to push or
pull another vehicle or object.
Figure 8, Transmission Release Levers
A, Drive Position
B. Push Position
C. Transmission Release Levers