Open as PDF
1. GC818 Cultivator
Cultivateur modèle GC818
3. Tine assembly (x 2)
(2) Jeux de dents
Conjunto de dientes (x 2)
4. Auxiliary handle
5. Battery pack
Paquete de baterías
6. Lock-off button
Bouton de verrouillage
Botón de bloqueo
7. Switch trigger
Charger (not shown)
Chargeur (non illustré)
Cargador (no se muestra)
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO YPÓLIZADE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVOANTES DE USAR ELPRODUCTO.
Catalog No. GC818
18V GARDEN CULTIVATOR
Cat. No. GC818 Form # 90577045 JUNE 2011
Copyright © 2011 Black & Decker Printed in China
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Inspect and thoroughly clean your cultivator at the start of each use.
• The blades on this tool are not intended to be sharp. Do not sharpen.
• Make sure area is clear of other persons or pets prior to starting
• Make sure work area is clear of underground wires and pipes.
GENERAL SAFETY FOR ALL TOOLS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety
instructions and other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in
death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result
in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in
minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation
which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
When using electric gardening appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury:
• ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION – Wear safety glasses or goggles at all times when this
unit is in use. Safety glasses are available at extra cost at your local Black & Decker Service
Center orauthorized service facility.Always use face or dust mask if operation is dusty.
• DRESS PROPERLY – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving
parts. Rubber gloves and substantial rubber soled footwear are recommended when working
outdoors. Donʼt operate the unit when barefoot or wearing open sandals. Wear long pants to
protect your legs. Wear protective hair covering to contain long hair.
• DO NOT allow children to operate this unit.
• MAKE SURE that other persons and pets are at least 20 ft. away.
• AVOID ACCIDENTALLY STARTING – Donʼt carry unit with finger on trigger.
• DONʼT OVERREACH – Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS – Do not use electric units in damp
or wet locations. Donʼt use the unit in the rain.
• DO NOT OPERATE unit in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors in these units normally
spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• STORE IDLEAPPLIANCES INDOORS – When not in use, units should be stored indoors in
a dry locked-up place out of reach of children.
• STAY ALERT– Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate unit when you
are tired or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
• KEEP HANDS AND FEETAWAY FROM WORK AREA.
• DO NOT CHARGE APPLIANCE IN RAIN OR IN WET LOCATIONS.
• THIS POWER UNIT is intended to be correctly orientated in a vertical or floor mount position.
ADDITIONAL WARNINGS FOR CULTIVATORS
• DO NOT use unit if switch does not turn it on or off. Aunit that cannot be controlled with the
switch is dangerous and must be repaired.
• DISCONNECT battery pack from unit before making any adjustments, changing accessories,
or storing the unit. Such preventative safety measures reduce the risk of starting the unit
• DO NOT FORCE THE APPLIANCE – It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk
of injury at the rate for which it was designed. Clutch will activate if overpowered.
• USETHERIGHTAPPLIANCE– Donotuse this unitfor any job except that for which it is
• Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some
examples of these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as
dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
• DAMAGE TOAPPLIANCE – If you strike or become entangled with a foreign object, stop
tool immediately, check for damage and have any damage repaired before further
operation is attempted. Do not operate with a broken tine.
• MAINTAIN APPLIANCES WITH CARE – Keep cutting edge clean for best performance
and to reduce the risk of injury. Follow instructions for lubricating and changing
accessories. Keep handles dry, clean, and free from oil and grease.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS – Before further use of the unit, a shroud or other part that is
damaged should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and
erform its intended function. Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving
parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other condition that may affect its operation.
Any part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an authorized service
center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this manual.
• KEEP SHROUD IN PLACEAND IN WORKING ORDER.
• BEFORE STARTING GARDEN CULTIVATOR, check the soil and remove any large
stones, twigs and so forth. Keep checking to make sure the area is clear as you work.
• IF YOU ENCOUNTER AN OBSTRUCTION during work despite all of these precautions,
urn off the Cultivator. Remove battery prior to attempting to remove the obstruction.
• Keep tine area clean.
ARNING: Oscillating tines. Keep at a safe distance.
BATTERY RELATED WARNINGS
• A BATTERY OPERATED UNIT with integral batteries or a separate battery pack must be
recharged only with the specified charger for the battery. A charger that may be suitable
for one type of battery may create a risk of fire when used with another battery.
USE BATTERY OPERATED UNIT ONLY with specifically designated battery pack. Use
of any other batteries may create a risk of fire.
• DO NOT USE OR CHARGE battery in rain.
• USE ONLY the supplied charger.
• REMOVE BATTERY before servicing, cleaning or removing material from the cultivator.
Remove battery from your cultivator and carry by the front handle when not in use.
• EXERCISE CARE in handling batteries in order not to short the battery with conducting
materials such as rings, bracelets and keys. The battery or conductor may overheat and
• DO NOT OPEN OR MUTILATE the batteries. Released electrolyte is corrosive and may
cause damage to the eyes or skin. It may be toxic if swallowed.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following
two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must
ccept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for Class B
digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and
used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or
elevision reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user
is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
. Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
. Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is
. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
The label on your tool may include the following symbols.
V ..............volts A ................amperes
Hz ............hertz W................watts
min............minutes ..............alternating current
o ..............no load speed
Class II Construction
............safety alert symbol .../min ......revolutions or reciprocations per minute
Battery Cap Information
Battery storage and carrying caps are provided for use whenever the battery is out of the
tool or charger. Remove cap before placing battery in charger or tool.
WARNING: Fire hazard. Do not store or carry battery so that metal objects can
contact exposed battery terminals. For example, do not place battery in aprons,
pockets, tool boxes, product kit boxes, drawers, etc., with loose nails, screws, keys, etc.
Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently
come in contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the
like. The US Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR) actually
prohibit transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes (i.e., packed in suitcases and
carry-on luggage) UNLESS they are properly protected from short circuits. So when
transporting individual batteries, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and
well insulated from materials that could contact them and cause a short circuit.
Thank you for choosing Black & Decker!
Go to www.BlackandDecker.com/NewOwner
to register your new product.
PLEASE READ BEFORE RETURNING THIS
PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON:
If you have a question or experience a problem with your Black & Decker purchase, go to
If you can’t find the answer or do not have access to the internet,
call 1-800-544-6986 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Mon. -- Fri. to speak with an agent.
Please have the catalog number available when you call.
or instant answers 24 hours a day.