Open as PDF
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety instructions and other
information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
WARNING: When using an electric appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed
to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following.
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to
cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks that are
specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to
cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some conditions and
duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING BLOWER.
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of vacuum near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical replacement parts. See instructions for
servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should be stored in a dry, high or locked-up place - out of reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
• MAINTAIN TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for best and safest performance. Follow instructions for proper
• DO NOT attempt to repair the blower/vac. To assure product safety and reliability, repairs, maintenance, and adjustments
should be performed by Black & Decker service centers or authorized service stations, always using Black & Decker
• DO NOT operate blower/vac in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools normally spark, and the sparks
might ignite fumes.
• DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children. Not recommended for use by
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from tool without first unplugging it.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors,
or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord away from
• DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and everything that
may reduce air flow.
• KEEP hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• TURN OFF all controls before unplugging.
• DO NOT vacuum water, other liquids, or wet objects such as leaves. Never immerse any part of the tool in liquid.
• DO NOT handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• KEEP CHILDREN, BYSTANDERS AND ANIMALS AWAY from the work area a minimum of 30 feet (10 meters) when starting or
operating the tool.
• INSPECT THE AREA before using the tool. Remove all debris and hard objects such as rocks, glass, wire, etc. that can ricochet,
be thrown, or otherwise cause injury or damage during operation. As a vacuum, the tool is designed to pick up dry material
such as leaves, grass, small twigs, and bits of paper. Do not vacuum stones, gravel, metal, broken glass, etc.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electrical shock; do not expose to rain, do not use on wet surfaces.
WARNING: Turn off and unplug unit, then wait until fan stops or at least 10 seconds before removing the blower or
vacuum tube assemblies.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Your Blower/Vac is double-insulated to give you added safety. In a double insulated appliance, two systems of insulation are
provided instead of grounding. No grounding means is provided on a double insulated appliance, nor should a means for
grounding be added to the appliance. Servicing a double insulated appliance requires extreme care and knowledge of the
system and should be done only by qualified service personnel. Replacement parts for a double insulated appliance must be
identical to the parts they replace. A double insulated appliance is marked with the words double insulated or "double
insulation". The symbol (square within a square) may also be marked on the appliance.
Double insulated tools have 2-wire cords and can be used with 2-wire or 3-wire extension cords. Only round jacketed
extension cords should be used, and we recommend that they be listed by Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.) (C.S.A. in
Canada). If the extension will be used outside, the cord must be suitable for outdoor use. Any cord marked as outdoor can also
be used for indoor work.
An extension cord must have adequate wire size (AWG or American Wire Gauge) for safety, and to prevent loss of power and
overheating. The smaller the gauge number of the wire, the greater the capacity of the cable, that is 16 gauge has more
capacity than 18 gauge. When using more than one extension to make up the total length, be sure each individual extension
contains at least the minimum wire size.
To determine the minimum wire size required, refer to the chart below. Before using an extension cord, inspect it for loose or
exposed wires, damaged insulation, and defective fittings. Make any needed repairs or replace the cord if necessary.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Catalog Number BV2800
Form No. 617365-00 Cat. # BV2800 (MAY ‘03)
Copyright © 2003 Black & Decker Printed in Mexico
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Before operating, make sure that either the blower or vacuum tube assembly is locked
• The power switch must be OFF in order to depress the release button for changing blower
and vacuum tube assemblies.
Bouton de dégagement
Botón de liberación
Mode de soufflage
Modo de Soplador
Modo de Aspiradora
Tube de rallonge
Tubo de Extension
Tubo de Aspirado
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM
WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
CALL 1-800-54-HOW-TO (544-6986)
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AVAILABLE, CATALOG No., TYPE
No., AND DATE CODE. IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE
CAN RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
WARNING: IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
SERVICING OF DOUBLE INSULATED APPLIANCES
SAFETY RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS: EXTENSION CORDS
Minimum Gage for Cord Sets
Volts Total Length of Cord in Feet
120V 0-25 26-50 51-100 101-150
240V 0-50 51-100 101-200 201-300
More Not more American Wire Gage
0- 6 18 16 16 14
6- 10 18 16 14 12
10- 12 16 16 14 12
12- 16 14 12 Not Recommended
Bouton de verrouillage
Boton de seguridad
Blowing Mode w/Flex Tube
Mode de soufflage avec
Modo de soplador