Open as PDF
Catalog Nos. TR1800, TR1800-CA
HT2200, HT2200-CA, HT22D,
WARNING: IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety
instructions and other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some
conditions and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
WARNING: When using electric gardening appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENT - Don’t use hedge trimmers in damp or wet
• DON’T USE IN RAIN.
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY - All visitors should be kept at a safe distance from the work
• DRESS PROPERLY - Don’t wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving
parts. Use of rubber gloves and substantial footwear is recommended when working
outdoors. Wear protective hair covering to contain long hair.
• USE SAFETY GLASSES - Also use face or dustmask if operation is dusty.
• GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER (GFCI) protection should be provided on the
circuit(s) or outlet(s) to be used for the hedge trimmer. Receptacles are available having
built-in GFCI protection and may be used for this measure of safety.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE - Do not use appliance for any job except that for which it is
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock use only with an extension cord intended
for outdoor use, such as SW-A, S0W-A, STW-A, STOW-A, SJW-A, SJOW-A, SJTW-A or
• EXTENSION CORD. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an
extension cord be sure it is heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An
undersized extension cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and
overheating. The following table shows the correct size to use depending on cord length
and nameplate ampere rating. If in doubt, use the next heavier gage. The smaller the gage
number, the heavier the cord.
• AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING - Don’t carry plugged in hedge trimmer with finger
on switch. Be sure switch is off when plugging in.
• DON’T ABUSE CORD - Never carry hedge trimmer by cord or yank it to disconnect from
receptacle. Keep cord from heat, oil, and sharp edges.
DANGER: Risk of cut. Keep hands away from blades. Keep both hands on handles when
power is on.
• DO NOT ATTEMPT to remove cut material or hold material to be cut when blades are
moving. Make sure trimmer switch is off when clearing jammed material from blades. Do
not grasp the exposed cutting blades or cutting edges when picking up or holding the
CAUTION: Blades coast after turn off.
• DON’T FORCE HEDGE TRIMMER - It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a
risk of injury at the rate for which it was designed.
• DON’T OVERREACH - Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• STAY ALERT - Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate hedge
trimmer when you are tired.
• DISCONNECT HEDGE TRIMMER from the power supply when not in use or when
servicing or cleaning.
• STORE IDLE HEDGE TRIMMER INDOORS - When not in use, hedge trimmer should be
stored indoors in a dry and high or locked-up place- out of reach of children.
• MAINTAIN HEDGE TRIMMER WITH CARE - Keep cutting blades sharp and clean for
best performance and to reduce the risk of injury. Inspect extension cord periodically and
replace if damaged. Keep handles dry, clean and free from oil and grease.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS - before further use of the hedge trimmer, a guard or other
part that is damaged should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly
and perform its intended function. Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving
parts, breakage of parts, mounting and any other condition that may affect its operation. A
guard or other part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an
authorized service center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this manual.
SAFETY WARNINGS: DOUBLE INSULATION
Double insulated tools are constructed throughout with two separate layers of electrical
insulation or one double thickness of insulation between you and the tool’s electrical
system. Tools built with this insulation system are not intended to be grounded. As a result,
your tool is equipped with a two prong plug which permits you to use extension cords
without concern for maintaining a ground connection.
NOTE: Double insulation does not take the place of normal safety precautions when
operating this tool. The insulation system is for added protection against injury resulting
from a possible electrical insulation failure within the tool.
Replacement parts: When servicing all tools, USE IDENTICAL REPLACEMENT PARTS.
Repair or replace damaged cords.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS: POLARIZED PLUGS
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this equipment has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the
other). This equipment must be used with a suitable polarized 2 wire or 3 wire extension cord. Polarized
connections will fit together only one way. Make sure that the receptacle end of the extension cord has
large and small blade slot widths. If the plug does not fit fully into the extension cord, reverse the plug. If it
still does not fit, obtain a suitable extension cord. If the extension cord does not fit fully into the outlet,
contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the tool plug or extension cord in
SPECIFIC SAFETY WARNING
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State
of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of
these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as
dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
CAT. NOs. TR1800, TR1800-CA , HT2200, HT2200-CA, HT22D, HS1010, HS1010-CA FORM NO. 90512417
(NOV. -06) Copyright © 2006 Black & Decker PRINTED IN MEXICO
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
ATTACHING BAIL HANDLE TO TRIMMER (TR1800, HT2200, HT22D & HS1010 ONLY)
WARNING: Do not operate the hedge trimmer without the bail handle attached.
The trimmer is shipped with the bail handle tied to the trimmer. To attach the bail handle:
• Cut the ziptie which holds the handle to the trimmer.
• Remove the phillips head screws from both sides of the trimmer housing.
• Position the handle in place as shown in figure 1 (TR1800, HT2200, HT22D) or figure 1A
• Reinsert the phillips head screws into the openings on the side of the handle and tighten
ATTACHING EXTENSION CORD TO TRIMMER
An extension cord retainer is built into the switch handle that prevents the tool from coming
unplugged. To use this feature, simply double the extension cord about 8 inches from the
end, and insert it into the slot in the bottom of the handle area. Hook the loop formed by
doubling the cord over the tab, as shown in figure 2 (TR1800, HT2200, HT22D) or figure
2A (HS1010). Gently tug on the cord to insure that it is firmly retained in the trimmer’s
handle. Plug the receptacle end of the extension cord into the plug blades in the trimmer.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
Minimum Gage for Cord Sets
Volts Total Length of Cord in Feet
120V 0-25 26-50 51-100 101-150
240V 0-50 51-100 101-200 201-300
More Not more American Wire Gage
0-6 18 16 16 14
6 - 10 18 16 14 12
10 - 12 16 16 14 12
12 - 16 14 12 Not Recommended
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• To insure extension cord does not come loose see Figures 2 and 2A for proper
• In order to operate the trimmer, the lock button must first be pulled back
(see figure 3) then squeeze trigger.
Bouton de verrouillage
Botón de seguridad
Raccordement à fiche
Clavijas de enchufe
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATALOG No. AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE. IN MOST CASES, A
BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU
HAVE A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO
BLACK & DECKER.