Open as PDF
5° to 10°
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Charge battery for a minimum of 24 hours before using your trimmer, using the
Black and Decker 12V charger 244374.
• The guard must be installed before trimming - if not, the motor will overheat, and void
• To operate the trimmer, the lock off button must first be pulled back, so the trigger can
• When replacing the line, use only 0.065” diameter ROUND line - otherwise the unit
may not function properly.
Cat No. CST800 Form No. 598098-00 OCT. ‘03
Copyright © 2003 Black & Decker Printed in China
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM
WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
CALL 1-800-54-HOW-TO (544-6986).
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
AVAILABLE, CATALOG NO., TYPE NO., AND DATE CODE.
IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE
YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
WARNING: IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
When using electric gardening appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury,
including the following.
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some
examples of these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks
that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some conditions
and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety instructions
and other information contained in this manual.
•Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
• ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION – Wear safety glasses or goggles at all times when this appliance is in
use. Safety glasses are available at extra cost at your local Black & Decker Service Center or authorized
service facility. Always use face or dust mask if operation is dusty.
• GUARD – Do not use this appliance without guard properly attached.
• DRESS PROPERLY – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving parts. Rubber gloves
and substantial rubber soled footwear are recommended when working outdoors. Don’t operate the appliance
when barefoot or wearing open sandals. Wear long pants to protect your legs. Wear protective hair covering
to contain long hair.
• NYLON LINE – Keep face, hands and feet clear of rotating cutting line at all times.
• THE ROTATING LINE PERFORMS A CUTTING FUNCTION – Use care when trimming around screens, fences
and desirable plantings.
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY – All visitors should be kept at safe distance from work area.
• IMPORTANT WARNING – When being used stones, pieces of metal and other objects can be thrown out at
high speed by the line. The tool and guard are designed to reduce the danger. However, the following special
precautions should be taken:
•WARNING: Make sure that other persons and pets are at least 100 ft. (30.5m) away.
•WARNING: To reduce the risk of rebound (ricochet) injury, work going away from any nearby solid object
such as a wall, steps, large stone, tree, etc. Use great care when working close to solid
objects, and, where necessary, do trimming by hand.
• AVOID ACCIDENTALLY STARTING – Don’t carry appliance with finger on trigger.
• DO NOT FORCE THE APPLIANCE – It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of injury at the
rate for which it was designed.
• USE THE RIGHT APPLIANCE – Do not use this appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• DON’T OVERREACH – Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DAMAGE TO APPLIANCE – If you strike or become entangled with a foreign object, stop tool immediately,
check for damage and have any damage repaired before further operation is attempted. Do not operate with
a broken hub or spool.
•AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS – Do not use electric appliances in damp or wet
locations. Don’t use the appliance in the rain.
• DO NOT OPERATE trimmer/edgers in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors in these appliances normally
spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS – When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in a dry
locked-up place out of reach of children.
• STAY ALERT– Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate appliance when you are tired.
• MAINTAIN APPLIANCES WITH CARE – Keep cutting edge sharp and clean for best performance and to
reduce the risk of injury. Follow instructions for lubricating and changing accessories. Inspect appliance cord
periodically, and if damaged, have it repaired by an authorized service facility. Inspect extension cords
periodically and replace if damaged. Keep handles dry, clean, and free from oil and grease.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS – Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of
parts, mounting, and any other condition that may affect its operation. Before further use of the appliance, a
guard or other part that is damaged should be repaired or replaced by an authorized service center unless
otherwise indicated elsewhere in this manual.
• FOR HOUSEHOLD use only.
• KEEP GUARDS IN PLACE AND IN WORKING ORDER.
• KEEP HANDS AND FEET AWAY FROM CUTTING AREA.
• DO NOT CHARGE APPLIANCE IN RAIN OR IN WET LOCATIONS.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT
Trigger lock off
Verrouillage de la détente
Seguro del gatillo
Témoin de chargement à D.É.L.
LED de carga
Hub & Spool
Moyeu et bobine
Cubo y carrete
Nut & bolt
Écrou et boulon
Tuerca y tornillo
1/8” of line
Fil de 3 mm(1/8 po)
3 mm (1/8”) de línea
Nut & Bolt
Écrou et boulon
Tuerca y tornillo
Charging port and pin
Orifice de chargement et tige
Puerto y punta de carga